Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Some movement in the plan for the store!

Alright! I had a meeting today with SCORE, which is a mentoring service for people that are looking to start a business. The meeting was useful, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. But they see a lot of people, so it's understandable that they treat everyone the same. I guess I was just expecting them to not hold my hand as much as they seemed to be, and listen a bit more to what I had already done. Also, I wish they were a bit more up on more current fund raising options. They seemed to be 'business as usual'. Get a business plan together, get funding from a traditional source, start small, build slow and steady. The only thing I agree with them on is 'Get a business plan together'.

I can't wait around after I open to get business coming in. I have to get business in there fast! The reason why is because I will have a lot of stock that has to move. I'm not just dealing with one or two types of products. Off the top of my head, I'm going to be having 6-8 different types of products. Probably more. Now, I know what you're thinking, "6-8 different types of products? That's not a lot..." I'm calling the consoles and games one. I'm calling anything computer related another one. Clothing another. And so on and so forth. So there are a lot of products, but just in general categories.

So yeah, I'm working on things, but I'm not sure if the direction that I'm going with getting things going is the best option for me. I know people mean well, but I'm just not seeing the benefit of going the route that I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment